Google Student Travel Grant
The IRF and the premium sponsor of the IRF Conference 2011 GOOGLE offered the following travel grant:
2011 Google EMEA Travel and Conference Grants for female computer scientists
As part of Google's ongoing commitment to encouraging women to excel in computing and technology, we are pleased to offer Google EMEA Travel and Conference Grants to encourage more female computer scientists to attend and participate in research conferences.
6 award winners will be chosen from the applicant pool to receive:
- 500 Euros covering both travel costs and the registration for the IRF Conference 2011
To be eligible for a conference grant candidates must:
- Be working in or studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or technical field related to the Information Retrieval, Semantic Web technologies, Natural Language Processing, and Large-scale or distributed computing for the respective areas.
- Have a strong academic background with demonstrated leadership ability
- Attend the core day of the main conference and the social event
The award winners will have to pay for the registration, travel and accommodation. Reimbursement will be settled in cash on presentation of all invoices eligible at the conference registration desk.
The application process is now closed. We thank all participants for their submission!
...and the Winners are:
- Golnoosh Farnadi, Technische Universiteit Delft, NL
- Alba Garcia, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland, CH
- Julia Jürgens, University Hildesheim, DE
- Somayeh Khatiban, City College London, UK
- Manisha Verma, Search and Information Extraction Lab (SIEL), Hyderabad, IN
- Sharhida Z Saad, University of Essex, UK