Retrieving Images from the Internet
How to improve the quality of image search results?
Retrieving text over the internet is a time consuming endeavour, but "easy" compared to the difficulties of image retrieval. This is a challenge that experts working in brand infringements, business intelligence or journalism, for example, are confronted with.
- What are the difficulties inherent to image retrieval?
- Which features can be used to describe an image?
- Which kind of information do Web search engines use in order to find images?
- Which alternative information can be used?
- Tips and tricks to improve image search results.
- What is relevance feedback?
- How does a computer try to recognize a specific object (e.g. dog, car) in an image?
- Why are image search results often so unreliable?
- How to choose the best search engine for a specific query.
- What does the future of image search promise?
After this training, you will be able to find the images you are looking for more effectively and with a higher level of precision. You will understand how to get the maximum out of web search tools for image retrieval purposes.
If you would like more information about this training, please contact us at email@example.com.