- IRF Symposium
- IRF Conference
- IRF Workshops
For the 2nd time, the IRF invited the IRF Symposium participants to experience an innovative and very “athletic” competition: The PatOlympics Protoype Evaluation Exercise, which is designed to complement laboratory-style evaluation campaigns such as TREC-CHEM and CLEF-IP and to foster the interaction between creators of retrieval systems and information professionals.
The 2nd PatOlympics took place on 7 June 2011 in the morning and provided an interactive evaluation platform where prototypes of state-of-the-art patent retrieval systems have been tested and driven to their limits by patent retrieval professionals.
The 2011 PatOlympics included two PatSports: ChemAthlon and Cross-Language Retrieving.
Although PatOlympics addresses both academic research groups and technology providers, only academic participants registered for teh competition.
PatOlympics were organized with the support of PROMISE - Participative Research Laboratory for multimedia and multilingual information systems evaluation.
Three medals were awarded:
- CrossLingual Retrieving: Spinque (Netherlands)
Participating Teams in 2011
Cross Language Retrieval
- Manisha Verma, IIIT Hyderabad, India: System Presentation
- Parvaz Mahdabi, University of Lugano, CH: System Presentation
- Wouter Alink, Spinque, NL: System Presentation
- Émilie Pasche, BiTem Group, University Hospitals of Geneva, CH: System Presentation
- Le Zhao, Carnegie Mellon University, US: System Presentation
- Gerard Ypma (asml, NL)
- Stephen Adams (Magister Ltd., UK)
- Jane List (Consultant, UK)
- Teresa Loughbrough (Unilever R&D, UK)
- Maike Houtrouw (Phillips International,NL)
Click here for a review of PatOlympics 2010.
Screenshot of the PatOlympics Scoring Board